Join the Calkins Family Association
Benefits of Membership
- Newsletter: We publish a quarterly newsletter, Calkins World. We love to share information. Do you have an article or query for the newsletter? Tell us about your genealogy adventure. We’d love to print it. Send it to our editor, Judie, preferably electronically in Word format: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: The Calkins Family Association has a public website full of all things Calkins. www.calkinsworld.org. Do you have a family web site? If you have a Calkins family-related website, we’d love to share your link on this page. Contact us email@example.com
- Facebook (FB): We maintain a FB page for the latest Calkins news, photos, and chatter. Be sure and ‘like’ us and share with others. View here.
- Genealogy Research: Recording genealogy lines is an effort among several members. Our genealogy recorder can assist with locating your line. We are pretty good at bridging those gaps! Contact Melissa. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lending Library: We offer a lending library to our members. We are resolved to collect and preserve genealogical and historical items and information including related family pictures. Books and novels are loaned to our members for the cost of postage. Visit our library page
- Generation Spreadsheet: We maintain a “Line of Descent” (LOD). It is an overview of up to thirteen generations from Hugh & Ann. This is helpful in finding other members who may share a common ancestor within those 13 generations. If you know your LOD information please send it to us. If not, our genealogy recorder can help you solve your line back to Hugh & Ann. LOD sheet here.
- Y-DNA Project: Calkins men, join the Y-DNA project! For males with a direct blood line back to Hugh. Sorry ladies, you need a Y-chromosome. As more cousins join the project we may be able to differentiate more between various branches/sons/grandsons of Hugh. The kit to purchase is this one. Y-37 labelled as a good start. One can upgrade later as needed. Contact Keith for more info - email@example.com
- International Family Reunion: Come join in! Members are encouraged to support and participate in all the various activities of the CFA, including a reunion every three years at various location all over the U.S.A.
The CFA coordinates a reunion every three years. We celebrated the 8th reunion of our Calkins cousins in June 2018 in Chicago. Past reunion have been in Washington, Colorado, New York, California and Massachusetts. These reunions are an opportunity to gather information on our common genealogy and history, make new friends, and renew connections. Our next reunion is in 2021. Click here to see our reunion page.
Membership: $20 first year
Lifetime membership: $150
Honorary membership: at no charge.
Non-tax-deductible donations are always appreciated.
Any natural person who either carries the name Calkins or one of its variations, or is descended from a person with such name, or who has an interest in Calkins history or genealogy and desires to participate in the activities of the corporation may become a member.
The name has various spellings most popularly including Caulkins, Calkin, and Corkins. No matter how you spell it, you’re a cousin!
All voting members shall have the same rights and privileges. Spouses of voting members shall have all the benefits of membership, but cannot vote unless they too are members of the Calkins Family Association. Within the class of voting membership, there shall be two types of memberships: Regular and Lifetime.
- A regular member is one who is current with annual dues.
- Lifetime members have paid a lifetime membership fee. They are exempt from paying annual dues and remain a member in good standing the duration of their natural life. Lifetime membership is not transferable.
- Honorary membership shall be open to libraries providing genealogical data which are 501(c)(3) organizations as defined by the Internal Revenue Codes. Honorary members may not vote.